|Jarrell Community Library andResource Center||Approved 6/25/2020|
Revised and Approved 7/09/2023
|Meeting and Program Rooms Use|
The primary purpose of the Jarrell Community Library and Resource Center (JCLRC)
meeting and program rooms is to provide facilities for Library activities and functions.
JCLRC also welcomes community organizations to rent rooms for civic, educational,
cultural, and informational meetings, discussions, programs and training which benefit
the community according to the following criteria and guidelines:
- Governmental tax-supported agencies and library-affiliated partners,
- sponsors, and donors.
- Non-profit organizations located within the library district
- Non-profit organizations located outside the library district
NOTE: The address of the organization, or the JCLRC library card number for an
individual, will determine its location within or outside the library district.
The Jarrell Community Library and Resource Center will not discriminate in making its
premises available for use on the basis of race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, political affiliations, viewpoints expressed, or physical limitations of users.
Promotion of Non-Library Meetings and Programs
Use of a Library room by a group does not constitute JCLRC endorsement of the
philosophies, practices or viewpoints of the meeting presenters, participants or
organizations. The JCLRC Director must review and approve the press release and
promotional material in advance of the scheduled meeting.
The following disclaimer must be included in all written or digital publicity material about
“The Jarrell Community Library and Resource Center does not sponsor nor endorse this
event, presenters, or organization.”
- Signs or other decorations may not be taped, tacked or stapled to walls,
doors or ceiling.
- Promotion or advertising of a program should only include the Library’s name
and address. Do not include the Library’s telephone number.
- No group may use the JCLRC as a mailing address.
- All meetings and programs must be open to the public.
- Organizations are expected to be considerate of Library customers, activities
- Groups are expected to clean-up before leaving. Waste and recycling should
be placed in the containers provided.
- Rooms are not available for social functions such as parties, dances,
showers, recitals, support groups.
- Any use of rooms that disrupts the normal operations of the library will not be
- Groups whose members are under the age of 18 must be accompanied by
one adult chaperone for each 15 participants.
- The use of a Library room is not intended for monetary gain of any kind.
- No admission fees nor dues may be charged.
- No donations may be collected.
- Money may not be taken for raffles or drawings.
- Books sold by authors at authors programs are generally permitted.
Food and Beverages
- Pre-packaged refreshments may be served.
- No food preparation is allowed without prior approval and proper food
- Groups using the facilities must comply with the Americans for Disabilities Act
and are responsible for providing qualified interpreters and/or auxiliary aids as
- Children may not be sent to other areas of the Library without a parent or
responsible caregiver. Please refer to the JCLRC Unattended Persons Policy.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Library or on library grounds.
- Hazardous materials including, but not limited to, paints, solvents and
explosives are prohibited.
- The Library retains the right to monitor all meetings and programs conducted
on the premises to ensure compliance with Library regulations.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel or relocate any scheduled meeting if
- The Library reserves the right to stop meetings that are disruptive to normal
- Library staff are not obligated to provide assistance in transporting supplies to
Damages and Liability
The Library District is not responsible for the loss of or damage to any equipment or
materials owned or rented by an individual, group or organization using its meeting and
program rooms. Any individual, group or organization using the meeting and program
rooms shall be held responsible for willful or accidental damage to the Library building,
grounds, collections or equipment caused by the group or organization, its members or
those attending its program.
If on the advice of law enforcement professionals, the Library staff or board determines
that a reasonable possibility of a threat to the safety of Library staff, customers, or
members of the public might occur, based on prior experience of the group or speaker
at this Library or at other occasions where a group had held meetings which have been
disruptive or had a potential for violence, the JCLRC Library Director and/or Board may
disallow the meeting room use.
The Jarrell Community Library and Resource Center Director is the final authority in
determining use of the meeting and program rooms. Failure to abide by the
Library’s Meeting and Program Rooms Use Policy may result in the cancellation or
refusal of future reservations.
Room Request Form
Groups or Individuals wishing to use a room should complete the Room Request Form, found here – Room Request Form.
This is only a request.
Confirmation will be sent once your request has been reviewed.
Please allow 72 hours for review of your request.